Milan things to do, Milan places to visit. Milan, Italy’s vibrant and cosmopolitan city and capital of Lombardy, offers a plethora of attractions and activities to suit various interests. Here are some popular things to do in Milan:
Must do in Milan
- Visit Milan Cathedral (Duomo di Milano): Explore one of the world’s largest Gothic cathedrals. Admire the intricate architecture, climb to the rooftop for panoramic views of the city, and visit the cathedral’s museum.
- Explore Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II: Walk through this elegant shopping arcade, known as one of the world’s oldest shopping malls. Marvel at the stunning architecture, shop at luxury boutiques, and enjoy a meal or coffee at one of the charming cafés.
- Admire Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper”: Book a timed entry to see this iconic masterpiece at the Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie. Note that advance reservations are required due to its popularity.
- Visit Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco): Discover this historic castle that houses museums and art collections. Stroll through the castle’s courtyards and gardens and explore the various exhibitions, including Michelangelo’s unfinished sculpture, the Rondanini Pietà.
- Wander around Brera District: Explore the artsy Brera neighborhood, known for its charming streets, art galleries, and trendy boutiques. Visit the Pinacoteca di Brera art gallery to see works by Italian masters like Caravaggio and Raphael.
- Enjoy the Navigli District: Experience the lively atmosphere of the Navigli district, famous for its canals and vibrant nightlife. Visit the street market on the last Sunday of the month, relax at a canal-side café, or enjoy an aperitivo in one of the many bars.
- Discover the Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology: Learn about scientific and technological advancements through interactive exhibits, models, and inventions, paying tribute to Leonardo da Vinci’s genius.
- Shop at Quadrilatero della Moda: Explore Milan’s renowned fashion district, home to luxury designer boutiques and high-end fashion brands. Discover the latest trends, admire the elegant window displays, and indulge in some shopping.
- Take a stroll in Parco Sempione: Relax in this beautiful park located behind Sforza Castle. Enjoy a leisurely walk, have a picnic, or simply unwind amidst the lush greenery and tranquil atmosphere.
- Experience Milan’s culinary delights: Taste the local cuisine by dining at traditional trattorias and experiencing authentic Milanese dishes such as risotto alla Milanese and ossobuco. Don’t forget to try some delicious gelato and visit a local bakery for a taste of panettone.
These are just a few highlights of what Milan has to offer. The city also boasts numerous museums, art galleries, theaters, and a vibrant nightlife scene. Exploring its neighborhoods, trying local delicacies, and embracing the city’s cultural offerings will make your visit to Milan memorable.
Best Restaurant Milano
Best restaurants in Milan Italy: Milan is a culinary destination with a wide range of dining options to suit various tastes and preferences. Here are some highly regarded restaurants in Milan:
- Osteria del Binari: This traditional trattoria offers a cozy atmosphere and serves classic Milanese dishes with a focus on homemade pasta and regional specialties.
- Trattoria Toscana da Bruno: Known for its Tuscan cuisine, this family-run trattoria serves authentic dishes made with high-quality ingredients. Try their bistecca alla fiorentina (Florentine steak) and ribollita (Tuscan vegetable soup).
- Ratanà: This contemporary restaurant combines traditional Milanese flavors with innovative techniques. It offers a refined dining experience, with dishes highlighting local and seasonal ingredients.
- Luini Panzerotti: For a quick and delicious snack, visit Luini Panzerotti, a Milanese institution known for its fried panzerotti. These stuffed pastries filled with various savory ingredients are a popular street food choice.
- Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia: This Michelin-starred restaurant offers a refined and creative interpretation of Italian cuisine. It showcases the culinary expertise of the chef duo, Aimo and Nadia, with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients.
- Da Giacomo: Located near Milan’s fashion district, Da Giacomo is renowned for its excellent seafood and classic Italian dishes. The elegant setting and impeccable service enhance the dining experience.
- Pasticceria Marchesi: Established in 1824, Pasticceria Marchesi is a historic pastry shop and café. It offers a delightful selection of pastries, cakes, chocolates, and other sweet treats, along with a charming ambiance.
- Iyo: This contemporary Japanese restaurant in Milan stands out for its exceptional sushi and sashimi. It offers a modern and elegant dining experience with a focus on high-quality ingredients.
- Il Baretto al Baglioni: This upscale restaurant, located in the Baglioni Hotel, serves traditional Italian cuisine with a refined twist. The menu features dishes prepared with the finest ingredients and a selection of exceptional wines.
- Langosteria: Known for its seafood specialties, Langosteria offers a chic and sophisticated dining experience. The restaurant focuses on high-quality ingredients and meticulous preparation, ensuring an exquisite seafood feast.
These restaurants represent a range of dining experiences in Milan, from traditional Italian trattorias to innovative fine dining establishments. Reservations are often recommended, especially for popular and high-end restaurants.